Friday 16 April 2021

                             ANZAC DAY 

Aloha bloggers,

On Wednesday the 14th my birthday we experienced what it was like at war. Early in the morning our teachers Miss Daly, Mrs Sands and Mrs Jones set up some wires about a metre off the ground. It was called ' No Mans Land' which is called trenches are a underground hiding place and a place where you would shoot their enemy. Every time you would touch a wire the teachers would take a point away. The points started at ten and I stayed at ten WOOP WOOP!

 Anway after they did the roll and everything everybody came in and had to go into the wires and had to grab our art books on the way. We got in and guess what we had to do. WE HAD TO DO BASIC FACTS. In the trenches everybody was mad and bored. And to make that moment even worser there was sound effects that sounded like bombs, guns, people dying and so much things. Everybody didn't really like the sounds. But I kinda did. The next day we got our tests I got a 53 which was not that bad for me actually.

After the basic facts test and sounds we had fruit and 2 laps of the field. It was not to bad until we went back in. My knees felt like they were on rocks and the wires were just every where so I bargained to start doing my rolly polly on the floor and I nearly almost hit my head on my birthday. After our fruit we did ANZAC maths. It started off easy then hard than even more harder. After that some people could go swimming if you bring your togs if you didn't than you had to stay. 

Sergeant Jones took us and we swam for about ten minutes It was raining so bad. Then we did swimming,
it was finally morning tea and everybody knees felt a little better. After morning tea we wrote letters for our parents and had to write a acrostic poem. Well all of that took about 3 minutes and after that we did picto draw and that was really fun picto draw was like when a teacher says what happened and then you get like one minute to draw it.  Next we started drawing and we finished and got a buddy and had to blind fold them and unwind the strings. 


Here is a link to my letter in docs and my poem LINK. After that fun day I felt so good and everybody sang happy birthday to me and started to pack up and take the furneters down. It was such a fun day and had ton of fun. Thank you so much for reading my blogs and can't wait to blog next term. Aloha bloggers!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Faith

    It's me Lynette. It is so amazing that your teachers did that. I hope that your knees are alright now. what an awesome story you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, it's Honor here.
    I really like how you guys are all under the strings.
    It makes me think of people at the war.
    Maybe next time you can add more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi faith

    its me Lynette again
    I am just wondering what your class has been up to this week. My class has been learning about the earth and other cool and exciting planets with some fractions.

    ReplyDelete